- The Building Engineer will report to the Director, Operations, Central City, Blackwood Partners Management Corporation.
Purpose of Position
- The Building Engineer is responsible for maintaining operating systems, performing repairs and routine scheduled maintenance relative to the Central City office tower and shopping centre facility.
- The primary goal of this position is to support the Operations Department with operational procedures to maximize the efficient management and operation of the building.
- Maintain operating systems of the building in a safe and efficient manner
- Carry out routine maintenance procedures on a scheduled basis
- Perform repairs that are within scope of experience
- Maintenance within tenant premises as required and that are within scope of experience
- Assist to manage the building life safety program, including enforcement of WorkSafe BC rules and regulations
- Recommend improvements to operational procedures
- Establish positive relationships with tenants
- Engage and supervise all trades and services as required
- Liaise with on-site contractors (security/housekeeping)
- Daily maintenance includes lifting of heavy equipment/ladders to perform duties; organizing and cleaning of shops and electrical and mechanical rooms; working outside as required
- Perform all other duties as requested by management
- Blackwood Partners reserves the right to modify the job description as required from time to time.
Skills and Experience
- 2 years’ experience in related building engineer related discipline
- Fourth class Power Engineer
- Strong knowledge of HVAC and DDC Controls
- Trouble shooting skills and ability to perform corrective action
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Self-motivated, proactive team player who is able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously while working on tight deadlines
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality
Email resume along with salary expectations to Terry McLean, Director, Operations, at email@example.com.
|Job Category||Office Tower Jobs|